- SAP BY DESIGN ONLY. When creating a document, error "Avalara Error" or "Zip code mismatch or missing" appears
It occurs when there is an invalid or incomplete address in the sales document.
Avalara uses the USPS (usps.com) data to validate addresses, please go to the website to check if those addresses exist such as.
If the error is shown before saving the document, then all the addresses could be checked and, if necessary rectified before moving forward.
The changes must be done in the BP file or the Organization file, and after that, create the document from scratch.
If the document is in the state of “Invoice Preview”, by the time the error shows up, then SAP already saved the document with those details.
To reset the values you must follow the below steps:
- Go to the Account Management work center.
- Select the Accounts view.
- Search for Account XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the Account).
- Click the Edit button.
- Select the General option. Under Main Address, check the zip code maintained and or address and correct them to match the USPS data.
- Click the Save button.
Now, go back to the Invoice Requests view.
- Select the document ABC.
- Click the Check button.
- Click the Redetermine button.
If the document is a saved invoice, then you will need to cancel it, correct the wrong/incomplete address by following the above steps, and then create it again from the very beginning.